XNRG's Covid 19 Plan - Chiltern Challenge July 23rd 2022
The fluid situation with regards to the number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases within the UK means that this document by necessity will be subject to regular review. We monitor Govt advice and aim to implement reasonable practical measures to help to keep all at our events as safe as we can. Whilst noting that Covid 19 cases have been increasing in recent weeks within the community, the UK Govt has removed domestic restrictions in England from the 24th of February 2022.
Before the event
- Participants, crew and supporters should not attend an event if they have symptoms of coronavirus,
- We encourage participants carry a personal hand sanitiser,
- It is assumed that persons attending the event understand that at times they will be in close proximity to other people.
At the event
- Medical crew will be present throughout the event, and may advise the Race Director to implement additional measures as necessary,
- Hand sanitiser will be available on site for use.
At the start
Participants generally fall into three categories – walkers, runners, and fast runners. A ‘rolling start’ will be used to set off the first two categories in small groups. Fast runners will go off last together as a group, as they are fewer in number.
- Check points are generally outdoors, and if it is felt by crew that they are too crowded they may limit access and ask people to wait for a space at the food table
- Check point food is generally packaged or presented in individual portions.
- Hand sanitiser is available at check points and we encourage participants to use it on arrival before getting food and drinks.
At the finish
T shirts and medals will be available at the finish and the race director will hold a prize ceremony.
Separate SOPs outline action required in medical incidents.
Got a question? Email us on email@example.com