XNRG's Covid 19 Plan - Devil’s Lite Ultra - 29th May 2021
The constantly changing situation with regards to the number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases within the UK and the associated restrictions in force across England means that this document by necessity will be subject to regular review.
Before the event
- Participants, crew and supporters should not attend an event if they or someone in their household has symptoms of coronavirus, are self-isolating or are required to be in quarantine following a trip abroad.
- Participants will be asked to carry a personal hand sanitiser and to carry a mask, which must be worn in specified areas.
- Race Numbers will be pre-issued by post to reduce the amount of people and time required to be spent at a registration or information desk indoors.
- Participants are asked to arrive ‘race ready’ to reduce the amount of time spent indoors, and to leave personal effects in their vehicle.
- It is assumed that persons attending understand that they may inadvertently be in close proximity to other people.
At the event
- A member of the event crew will be designated to monitor arrangements to make the event as ‘covid safe’ as practicable.
- All crew will take a lateral flow test.
- A medical crew will be present throughout the event, and may advise the Race Director to implement additional measures as necessary.
- The medical crew will have the capability to conduct lateral flow tests and/or a temperature check on any person at the event should they deem it to be necessary to do so. Failing a test or a temperature of 37.5C or above will require the individual to leave the event (and anyone travelling with them).
- The doors of any building used for the event will remain open wherever possible to improve the flow of fresh air.
- Anyone working indoors, or coming indoors to visit the information desk or the toilets will be expected to wear a mask at all times.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry and exit points and is expected to be used.
- Social distancing should be respected and any event set up indoors will allow this to be maintained e.g. positioning of the information desk.
- Water butts will have hand sanitiser next to them and participants will be encouraged to use it.
At the start
Participants should assemble – distanced – on the large open area near the start arch at the time window they have been pre-allocated and wait to be directed by crew through the start, when their race time will commence.
- Access to a check point will be controlled by crew present, with numbers limited to maintain social distancing.
- Check point food is packaged or presented in individual portions, with one participant allowed at a food table at any one time.
- Any participant admitted to a checkpoint area must sanitise their hands first and wear a mask. Check points will be self service, with crew monitoring the welfare of participants and topping up the food and water as necessary.
- Crew at check points will wear masks and regularly sanitise their hands.
Recovery in a vehicle
If a participant has to be recovered from the course and returned to the event start all occupants of the vehicle will wear a mask. The advice of the medical team may be sought as to the suitability of a vehicle.
At the finish
Medals will be at the finish for participants to collect and prizes may be posted to category winners.
Separate SOPs outline action required in medical incidents. Where a person is at risk of harm and requires medical assistance, social distancing may be compromised to deliver it. The advice of the medical director will be sought in determining the most suitable vehicle to recover an injured participant from the course.
Any participant or crewmember who falls ill with coronavirus shortly after the event should notify XNRG. Details of persons present at the event may be passed to the NHS ‘Track and Trace Service’.
Got a question? Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org