SNOWDON TRAINING WEEKEND: 7 - 9th June 2019
Get ready for your UTMB® event
Jez Bragg, the only UK male to win the UTMB®, used Snowdon as his training ground and developed the “Snowdon Dance” (the Snowdon version of the Fan Dance used in SAS selection). The idea is that you run up and down Snowdon to different points over a day from early in the morning till late in the evening.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get some ascending and descending training in your legs, as well as being ideal for testing your kit (especially your waterproofs!)
Last year XNRG took a small group of people to Snowdon for a weekend training. Of those who came, all of them finished their chosen UTMB® race.
If you are serious about finishing your UTMB® race this is a must.
- Help people get ready for their Alpine Challenge.
Everyone is welcome - whether you are racing this year or just coming along for the experience.
Throughout the weekend our experienced XNRG coaches will be on hand, giving you advice and guidance on everything you need to succeed in the Alps - from movement over the ground to clothing, kit and nutrition. Check out this blog from XNRG head coach Andy Mouncey on how to get the most from your mountain preparations >
Based in Llanberris at the foot of Snowdon.
We have 8 beds in a lovely bunk house in Pete’s Eats in the centre of town, or you can stay in your own accommodation or camp, and choose whether to eat with us morning and evening.
If you book one of the food-inclusive options, you'll get breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and evening meals on Friday and Saturday. Everyone will also get snacks at the aid stations each day.
We have space for 8 people in the bunkhouse - plus 10 more places for people who find their own accommodation or choose to camp.
£360 with all food and accommodation (unisex shared bunkhouse in the famous Pete's Eats, with bedding, great showers and our own common room)
£310 including food, but without accommodation (stay somewhere else but join us for breakfast and dinner each day)
£270 without food or accommodation (stay somewhere else or choose to camp)
Pay a £100 deposit, with the remainder due 8 weeks before the event by bank transfer.
There's a 10% discount available for all serving military or emergency services staff. To book with your discount, please email us: email@example.com.
All bookings include:
- Planned routes with comprehensive maps and gps files up and down Snowdon, following well-trodden and well-marked routes. We will not be guiding you - you'll be free to go at your own pace up your chosen routes, but we'll be on hand to support you from the base of the mountain and manage any emergencies
- GPS trackers for each person to keep you safe
- Three aid stations at the foot of the mountain, providing water and snacks
- Inspiring evening talks and expert coaching on how to prepare for UTMB® events
- Plenty of support, encouragement and great atmosphere.
All you'll need to pay for is your transport to get to Llanberris - and any beer money.
Book now >
What you need to bring:
If you are doing one of the UTMB® events, bring the whole compulsory kit list.
For the mountains:
- Ultra pack / vest with 1.5 litres water containers
- Waterproofs – top and leggings
- Windproof jacket
- Minimum long sleeve running tshirt or short sleeve and separate sleeves
- Runnings shorts
- Good quality trail running shoes
- Warm hat
- Poles – if you want to use them – we would recommend it
- Energy snacks
- Emergency silver blanket and at least a triangular bandage
- Mobile phone in a waterproof bag.
- Wash bag and towel
- Casual clothing to relax in the evening / go to the pub
- Sleep clothing
- Eye mask / ear plugs
- Anything to make you comfortable.
Catch the feeling
Our friends at Run the Wild have put together a great video that captures the essence of mountain trail running - see it here >
They'll be joining us at this year's Alps Training Seminar >