The Classic 3 Peaks Challenge
Walk the 3 highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales - Ben Nevis, Sca Fell and Snowdon in 24 hours if you can, or a more leisurely 36 hours.
- Walk the three peaks over 24 or 36 hours
- Raise money for charity
- Have fun and build relationships with partners and fellow employees
Who can do this challenge?
This event is challenging in good weather. In poor weather in can be more challenging. However, anyone who puts in a bit of preparation and training can complete the challenge.
We will provide training plans for your team to ensure everyone is ready for the start. We can also organise training days to get everyone ready.
Whilst it is a tough challenge, that will help with getting the sponsorship to come in.
We will meet your team at a set location – your office, a central point etc. We will then transport the whole group to Fort William, in Scotland, the day before the challenge starts.
We will arrange all accommodation, food and logistics.
The groups will be split and assigned to guides. There will be a full group briefing and then a guides briefing.
We will have an early start in the morning so heads down early.
Set off early the next morning to take on Ben Nevis.
Food and hot drink will be provided when everyone is down.
When all groups are finished we will drive to the Lake District to take on Sca Fell.
Food and hot drinks provided on arrival and on completion.
When all groups down we will drive to North Wales to start on Snowdon – probably in the dark!
Celebration on completion, and then either an overnight in Wales or head back to the original meeting point.
We follow the best route to get to each peak. For all mountains this is mainly trail with some narrow paths and a few technical bits, but it is very accessible to all, and used every day of the week by others taking on the same challenge.
Each participant will need to have their own clothing including suitable waterproof jacket and trousers (we can hire this in if required, but for this challenge we expect people to have done some training outdoors so should have a good waterproof jacket and trousers).
They also need to have suitable footwear – boots, or trail shoes, that have been worn in and the socks they are using tested.
We will send a recommended kit list to everyone who is taking part.
Extreme Energy will look after everything throughout the 2 days except putting one foot in front of the other.
This will include at least the following:
- Pre event registration system and donation set up
- Training plans, and option for training days
- Full kit list for all participants
- Full event briefing
- Transport from the agreed central point in minibuses (this allows us access to the small roads in the Lake District
- Overnight in Fort William
- Guides for the challenge
- Full medical support and mountain rescue management
- Transport throughout the event
- Food and hot drinks provided throughout the event
- Organisation of celebration party – if required – and overnight following the completion of the challenge
- Transportation back to the central pick up point
This can be organised from as little as £300 per head based on 20 people taking part.