Ever wondered how fit you are?
Do you struggle to pace yourself through long running sessions?
Do you start races too fast and struggle to maintain a constant speed?
Ultra-Running Research study: Participant expression of interest
The Sport and Exercise Science Research Group at Anglia Ruskin University are looking for healthy volunteers to take part in an exciting research study prior to the 2016 Chiltern Challenge Ultra.
We have teamed up with the XNRG Extreme Energy to assess the effects of training in a fat oxidation zone on race economy in ultra-runners for the Chiltern Challenge Ultra (16th July, 2016)
If you have already entered or are planning to enter this event, and would like to monitor your performance whilst engaging in research then please submit your expression of interest to Georgia Peedle (MSc researcher, Anglia Ruskin, Cambridge) by 30th April 2016. The study will commence in May in the build up to the event in July.
If you are interested in participating, please check you fulfil the following criteria:
- You must be aged 18-60 years
- Consider yourself active (train >3 times a week)
- No adverse reaction to blood taking
- Free from long term injury
- Available and willing to undertake regular testing from May 2016, do not suffer from any heart abnormalities, high blood pressure or diabetes
- Participation in the Chiltern Challenge Ultra 2016
What to do now
To register your interest or to sign up to taking part in the research study to find out more please email Georgia Peedle firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: 30th April 2016