This weekend we're heading to the Cotswolds for 57 glorious miles of running. With this, or any other multi-day event, sometimes the mind boggles a bit when prepping. Lots of us have busy weeks, so we don't have much time or thinking space to plan the perfect kit list. That's why we've come to the rescue with this handy guide to what's inside your kit bag!
The list below was created for the Cotswold Way Ultra this weekend - but fear not, it's a great list no matter where you're walking, running or racing...
- Running shoes or walking boots
- Running gear
- Water bottle or bladder (minimum 500ml)
- A fully juiced-up mobile phone
- Thermal top
- Warm hat
- Emergency silver blanket
- Fully charged head torch and spare batteries
- Long trousers / leggings (spangly if possible)
- Sleeping bag & sleeping mat
- Comfy togs for the evening
- Wash kit including towel
- Ear plugs (snore-defenders) / Eye mask
- Book / personal music for chilling
- GPS watch & charger
- A few pounds for refreshments and snacks
- Foot care: blister plasters / iodine / antiseptic for happy feet.
And there you have it. One handy list of everything you need in one place. Happy packing!
- Photo for illustrative purposes only. This is an image from a self-sufficient race from XNRG's Susie!