Join us this December for a very special challenge
The days may be shorter and the nights may be drawing in, but we think it's a great time to get out there and moving. So much so that we've set up our very own virtual challenge between 1 and 24 December - a great new addition to the UK running calendar. Book now >
You won't have to travel to a race; simply register, download Strava to your phone and connect any GPS watch to see your results get automatically added to our SVUC results tables. Even better, you don't have to be the fittest or fastest to take part - we're holding three challenges:
Challenge 1: Run or walk a minimum 50km over a single day, anytime between 1 and 24 December to earn a special Santa Virtual Ultra Challenge medal and festive buff
Challenge 2: Run or walk as far as you can within a single day during the challenge period
Challenge 3: See how far you can run or walk over the challenge period.
Thanks to our kind sponsors, we have some great prizes on offer:
Winners - WAA Ultra Bag Pro 3l
Runners Up - Prizes from Sealskinz, Apex Sports & Runderwear
Spot Prizes from WAA, Sealskinz, Apex Sports and Runderwear.
How it works
- Enter the event here > and pay the £19 entry fee
- Download Strava on your phone, or connect your Garmin, Ssuunto or Fitbit, following the instructions on our entry page to connect to our automated results page
- Start running on trail or road outdoors between 1 and 24 December - sorry, treadmills do not count!
- Your results will automatically upload through Strava after each run
- Complete at least 50km in one day (the minimum qualifying distance over one calendar day - midnight to midnight)
- Keep track of your progress and see how you compare to other entrants on our results page
- After the challenge period ends, you'll be sent your challenge medal, buff and prize (if you've won).