Pony Express - 60 stunning miles of New Forest pathways
14th-15th October 2017 // Course Records - Nathan Montague 06:49:26, Liz Weeks 07:50:41
Please note that no dogs are allowed on the Brockenhurst College site
Watch the one minute video
Stunning ancient woodland, pine forests, ponies and grassy expanses – the Pony Express is diverse countryside at its best, making this race a star in the XNRG calendar. The 60 mile circular route is evenly split into two ultra marathons over two days. As with all of our events, everything is taken care of at the Pony Express so you can focus on the experience! Overnight accommodation, evening meals, showers, breakfast, food and drink at checkpoints, free parking, and even inspiring guest speakers in the evenings are all included. The three days, fully supported including accommodation and all food is £135 at Standard Price. Click to book now >
Navigation and Support
The New Forest has no markings in the form of signposts or post discs however the route will be well marked with arrow signs at major direction changes with confidence tape. In addition, you will be given a route card and a map, designed to help on any tricky sections. The event is supported by a Course Manager to maintain event safety and to manage any serious incidents. A fully qualified medical crew are in attendance, to give first aid and to manage any serious medical problems in cooperation with the emergency services.
We start and end at Brockenhurst College, with overnight accommodation, evening meal and breakfast at Moyles Court Prep School included for 2-day participants, and available at a supplement for 1-day participants. Sleeping accommodation is in the school hall, with dedicated rest area and dining area also provided. Also on Saturday evening we will have a guest speaker.
- Overnight accommodation in a school hall
- Evening meal and breakfast for overnights
- Checkpoint food and water through out the event
- Free tea, coffee and cake for all competitors at the finish area each day
- Unwanted Kit transported from start to finish each day.
- Quality Medal awarded to each finisher
- A quality technical T Shirt for all who take part
- Toilets / changing facilities at the start / finish areas (plus great showers at the finish)
- Safety & medical cover throughout the event
- Prizes awarded for several different categories
Please note the entry price for the full event (including all food and accommodation) will differ as below:
Early bird price up to the end May 2017 is £125 per head
Standard pricing starts 31st May 2017 is £135 per head
Late entry pricing after the 31st August 2017 is £150 per head
There is the option of entering a single day at £58 per day.
Optional overnight accommodation is £30 per head for those opting to do a single day.
* Please Note: A 3% service charge, levied by this registration software, will be added to your final amount
Guest speaker TBA
- You can download the route .gpx file for your watches here Day 1, Day 2.
- Full event details can be downloaded from the top of the page to the right
Would your friends or family like to volunteer if they are coming along to support you? Or do you know anyone who would like to make the magic of this event happen? All volunteers get free race entry the following year, food, accomodation and a free buff. To register, click here.
Questions? Say hello on email@example.com