DOWNLOAD EVENT INSTRUCTIONS HERE
Extreme Energy are delighted to announce the 5th “Druid Challenge” a multistage race along the oldest roadway in the UK, dating back to 3000BC.
Our route, devised and full recced by Race Director Neil Thubron, takes you from Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire to Swindon in Wiltshire over 3 days, with 2 over nights stops in Watlington and Wantage.
Overnight accommodation, evening meal and breakfast is included for three day participants and is available at a supplement for one day participants. You'll stay at Icknield Community College in Watlington on the first night and Wantage Leisure Centre on the second night, with sleeping accommodation in a large hall.
The Druid Challenge has been classified as a qualifying event for those aiming for the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (one qualifying point awarded to finishers). This event will suit those who want a new challenge, people looking for an alternative to running marathons, those training for events like the Marathon des Sables or anyone who loves seeing the beautiful English countryside.
Navigation and Support.
The "Ridgeway" is a National Trail and has excellent markings in the form of signposts or post discs. In addition, you will be given a "Route Card" which is designed to help on any tricky sections, to provide information on any route changes and to indicate where the checkpoints are. The event is supported by a course manager to maintain event safety and to manage any serious incidents. A fully qualified medical crew are in attendance, to give first aid and to manage any serious medical problems in cooperation with the emergency services.
What you get for your money
- Free car parking
- A fully recced route designed to make the event special and challenging for all
- Regular newsletter for each entry individually
- A quality T Shirt.
- Toilets at the start and toilets and showers at the Sunday finish
- Overnight accommodation is in a school hall on the Friday and at a leisure centre on Saturday night
- A great evening meal on Friday and Saturday evenings, and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning
- Checkpoint food and water throughout the Event
- Free tea, coffee and cake for all competitors at the finish area each day
- All permissions needed for the event granted, safety & medical cover throughout the event
- Medal awarded to each finisher
- Prizes awarded for the winners
- Results reported on-line
- Action pictures taken during the event for you to download afterwards
- Early bird price £150 before 30th June 2014
- Standard Entry Price £155
- Late entry fee, 1 month before the start date, price £165
Please Note: A 3% service charge, levied by this registration software, will be added to your final amount.
Guest speaker - Rory Coleman Performance Coaching for The MDS
I have run the race 10 TIMES.... and you will get my 10 years of MdS experience rolled into one day where you can learn EXACTLY what to take and what to do each day of the World's Toughest Footrace.
All of my 60+ clients finished the race in 2012.
Visit Rory's website for more info...
- Day 1 - Watlington College
- Day 2 - Wantage Leisure Centre
- Both days we will be sleeping in large halls
- Please note that there are discounted rooms should you wish to stay overnight on Sunday at the Principle-Hayley Hotel (Single occupancy bed & breakfast @ £55.00 Inc VAT, Double/twin occupancy bed & breakfast @ £65.00 Inc VAT) . just quote the discount code "extreme" to take advantage of this discounted price.
Getting there and away
8th November - Mini-bus shuttle from Tring Train Station in the morning prior to the start times and transport you to registration. Evening pick up from Princes Risborough station available after 1800. Please let us know your arrival time.
Mini-bus shuttle from the finish to Swindon mainline station as and when we have enough people to make a journey. It is only 20 mins away so we can do this quite regularly.
The mini buses and some cars will need to head back to the Tring area once the event is completed on the Sunday afternoon / evening. We would be able to transport some people in this way. You will need to be patient with us as we close the event down.
Our suggestion would be that you try and be independent so that you don’t have to wait, but we will do all we can to accommodate individual requirements.