Alps Training Seminar 2019 - Helping you conquer your Alpine races (including UTMB®)
One day; seven experienced speakers. We'll help you succeed in the toughest conditions!
Hear from experienced UTMB®, TDS®, CCC® and OCC® competitors and Alpine racing experts on what it takes to complete some of the world's most challenging events. You'll also be able to get your medical certificate signed and stamped (limited to 20 people). If you've entered any of the UTMB® races, or thinking of signing up next year, this is the event for you!
Join us for a day of UTMB® experts sharing their knowledge, experience and tips for the biggest ultra trail race week of the year!
More than 50% of British competitors don't cross the finish line for events they start in UTMB® week. We want to change that, by making sure you have the right knowledge to prepare, the right kit, and - more importantly - the right expectations when heading to the Alps.
Our 2018 seminar had great feedback - of 21 seminar attendees, 18 went on to receive their finishers gilets!
We'll also be running a breakout session to help supporters, family and friends to enjoy the experience.
Date: 2nd March 2019 - registration from 9am for a 10am start (finishing by 5pm)
Location: Chartridge Conference Centre, Chartridge Ln, Chesham HP5 2TU
Travel: Chesham is at the end of the Metropolitan Line (London Underground). From Chesham station, it's roughly a four mile taxi ride to the conference centre. By car, it's in easy reach of the M25, M40 and M1.
Cost: £79 for the day
Medical certificate signing and stamping: £35 (max 20)
There's a 10% discount available for all serving military or emergency services staff. To book with your discount, please email us: email@example.com.
Book your place >
- 'Main tent' sessions in the main room for all attendees
- Breakout sessions in the afternoon, specific to each race
- Medical certificate sessions available throughout the day
- A special UTMB® lunch (included in the ticket price)
- A full Q&A to finish the day.
- Understanding the events, and understanding the Alps
- Preparing physically, mentally and emotionally
- Kit required: 'pack right, not light'
- What to expect when you arrive in Chamonix or Courmayeur
- Pre-race prep
- Racing: what to expect enroute
- How to handle the tough times: physically, the weather, fatigue, sickness, etc
- Help for supporters: how to get around and how to support your competitor
- Dealing with typical medical issues enroute, and how to deal with blisters properly.
- Neil Thubron – XNRG's director and finisher of UTMB® 2010 and 2011, TDS® 2012, and OCC® 2017
- Tom Evans - winner of the 2018 CCC®
- Laura Watson – Event Doctor and ultra runner
- Andy Mouncey - XNRG's head coach and serial UTMB® races competitor
- Anne-Marie Watson - 7th female in the 2017 UTMB®
XNRG head coach Andy Mouncey will be speaking on 'Doubling Up & DNF'. In 2011, he tried a 100-mile double, just one month apart - the Lakeland 100 in July and UTMB in August. He finished the Lakeland but threw in the towl halfway through the UTMB. He'll talk about how - and why.