Just thought I'd let you know that I feel really spoilt with my first Ultra
What a great race, well organised, superb markings, with an unbelievable & friendly crew. Please pass on my thanks for making it such a fun day. Having you there personally congratulating everyone crossed the line was a nice touch!
I lost count of the number of people who mentioned that your events are the best Ultras.
I just wanted to say ‘thanks very much’ for a great weekend in the Isle of Wight. (I was the tall chap with the poles if you are wondering who I was.)
It is the first (and will not be the last) time I do one of your events – I’ve already entered the Ridgeway based on last weekend. I liked the ethos in that the really fast runners had a chance to rattle round the island at a fast pace, club/recreational runners could do it at their pace, people like me could get round a bit slower and you had some that were doing bits of the course and thus exploring their current limits. This is far different than having rigid touch cut-offs so some get stopped early. You had a set up where there was something for everyone which is quite unique in ultra-distance races I’ve come across to date.
I though the map/route card / signs on the island where fine (I did get lost a little on Day 1 a little but such is life – all miles are good miles!) – your extra signs were welcome at some points though!
The things I’ll really remember…
• The easy going nature of registration on the Friday and the nice touch of bringing round ear plugs and sweets.
• The fun of the event.
• The friendliness of the CP crews and the helpfulness of filling up bladders etc. – second to none and could not do more to help people on their way. I’ve been to many events and this is the first one where at every CP the CP crew are falling over themselves to get your bladder filled for you! This is a welcome touch.
• Also the CP crews when going between CPs where friendly (thinking the chap on the bike) and asking how people were doing.
• The friendliness on the Sat evening and the general camaraderie between everyone regardless of being fast or slow.
• A good weekend and a good chance to do a new route.
Thanks Brian & thanks to the team for a great weekend at Pilgrims – really enjoyed it.